Wednesday, May 4, 2011

The Restoration: The Gospel Blesses Families and Individuals

So, another important aspect of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, is that it is to bless our lives in all aspects! As individuals, when we draw ourselves closer to Christ, we see the blessings that come from it! I can testify that when we choose to follow Christ by living His gospel, it changes our lives! Before I was preparing to serve a mission, I was still in the church, but just going through the motions. I did my responsibilities, I went to church, as well as seminary and institute (religious classes that the youth and college aged people take)  I did everything that was expected of a mormon kid to do! Don't get me wrong, I still loved the church and the programs. I am forever grateful for the services that they did for me! But I wasn't all the way commited, I didn't have a strong testimony. When I was preparing to serve a mission, I don't really know what happend, I decided to take my religion seriously. I made it a goal to read the Book of Mormon three times before I left on me mission. That gave me about 3 months from when I got my mission call. I started applying PMG (Preach My Gospel) into my studies and my life. From just doing that, my life improved! I was happier! I was enjoying life the way my Heavenly Father really wanted me to enjoy. I had the self-satisfaction that I was truly longing for.

The Gospel of Jesus Christ not only blesses us individually, but as a family as well. I could tell you all I wanted about how the gospel blessed me and my family, but I thought it would be better to see what my family had to say about how it blesses them. They are as follows: Aimee, my 2nd youngest sister. Aubrey, my 1st youngest sister. And then my mom and my dad. Here they are!

Aimee: The gospel gives us an understanding of where were from, why were here, and what will happen when we die.  It makes me feel safe to know that I always have someone to turn to, and He (Heavenly Father) is always looking out for me.

Aubrey: The gospel helps us as family, because it reminds us to do the basic things, which helps us to be happy.

Mom: To me the gospel gives us direction, it helps us know what we need to do to keep our families together.  In this world, this is not an easy thing to do anymore.  There are so many forces which fight against the family. The committments we make to each other have eternal consequences, and the gospel helps us not to give up, even when things are not easy.  When we are saying our prayers, and  reading our scriptures, and spending time together, worshipping, playing, working, and helping others, it makes us closer to each other.  My family brings me my greatest joys, and my greatest sorrows.  But with the gospel, I know that the sorrows are temporary, and I have peace that I am not alone, and that if I keep moving forward, I will make it through.  I know that Heavenly Father knows the master plan, and I can trust him.  I know that Heavenly Father, and Christ want us to succeed in keeping our families together.  The gospel makes me feel safe, happy, and at peace, it gives direction to me as a mother. 

Dad: The gospel is a very important part of our lives.  We are taught that the family is central  to our happiness here on earth.  As we develop relationships through service, fun activities, working, and just spending time together, we learn what true happiness is.    We are taught that we can be together with our families in the next life.  This knowledge makes our relationships even more meaningful, and worth the effort to make our families happy.  There is no success in this life that can compensate for failure in the home.

I know that the reason my family has the unity it has, is because of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I'm glad that I have it in its fullness and all the blessings that come with it by living by it's princeples. It was restored by Joseph Smith, who was called to do such a thing. The fulness of the Gospel is in the Bible and the Book of Mormon. They compliment each other, without one the other cannot stand. I ask you to please, PLEASE read the Bible and the Book of Mormon and live it's teachings. It is how the gospel is applied. Not by merely doing it idly, but living it, making it your life! I testify of these things, in the name of Jesus Christ, our Lord and Master, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment