Friday, May 20, 2011

The Restoration: The Book of Mormon

So, I know that I already made a post about the Book of Mormon, but I need to tie this to the order of the principles that I posted previously. So, I already told you why the Book of Mormon is so important to us, but it was the only way to restore the fullness of the gospel back on the earth. God knew that there would be skepticism from the claim of Joseph Smith. So, He provided evidence to support Joseph. I would like to stray a little bit and talk about "evidence". Evidence is not solid proof. It's more of a lead, which is why investigators who work on crimes collect enough evidence to prove their point, or to solidify their conclusion. So when some one says to prove to me that the Book of Mormon is real, I frankly can't. Nor will God prove the Book of Mormon or the Bible. He will provide us "evidence", but won't out rightly prove to us what is true or not. He wants us to have that faith, that faith to believe in what he gives us. Christ when he was on the earth, performed many miracles on the earth that proved himself as the Messiah prophesied to come. But, the pharisees and the sadducees still would not believe. They had all the evidence in the world, but would not believe because they had NO faith to believe. Likewise, it goes the sameway for the Book of Mormon. We need to want to believe it. We need to have that faith that Christ talked about, faith like unto a mustard seed. He is also not going to lead you by blind faith, He will confirm it to you by the Holy Ghost! There is a scripture I would like to read, it's in Ether 4:11 it says:

"But he that believeth these things which I have spoken, him will I visit with the manifestations of my Spirit, and he shall know and bear record. For because of my Spirit he shall know that these things are true; for it persuadeth men to do good."

The Spirit will tell us this it true. It will manifest that it is true! Whats cool is that you will KNOW that it is true, because it is good. Please read the Book of Mormon, see what it can do for you. See if it persuades you to do good, or even makes you happy, joyful, peaceful, content. If you want to know it's true, you have to do it for yourself. You can only do it for yourself, God won't do it for you. I know it's true because of the spirit I feel when I read it and when I prayed about it. I want you to also kneel down in prayer, and ask God if it is His word. He will answer you. I promise you that. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment