Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Keep my Commandments

One thing that I notice in both the Book of Mormon and the Bible, is how many times the Lord has asked us to keep his commandments. A lot of people can argue that keeping the commandments doesn't bring salvation. Their right. Christ is the only one that can save us! He was the only one that knew what I've gone through, and knows what I will go through. Because of the miracle of the Atonement, (His suffering in the garden, death on the cross, and the Resurrection) we can return to our Heavenly Father! We cannot do anything for ourselves! However, it does not eliminate our personal responsibility! We are still responsible for our actions. I love this scripture in the Bible, "If ye love me, keep my commandments." -John 14:15. If we truley love Christ then we do what he asked us to do. Here's another scripture that I'd like to read, "Therefore come unto me and be saved; for verily I say unto you, that except ye shall keep my commandments, which I have commanded you at theis time, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven." 3 Nephi 12:20. The beggining says to "come unto him and be saved". The only way we come unto him is if we obey his commandments! He's not going to look at our words, but our actions. Again, our works don't save us, they just show him that we are going to follow him. We do that by Enduring to the End. We keep on following him, we do what he asked and will ask us to do. This is how we follow Christ. Not by our words, or works, but works of faith. We will shortly find that as we follow Him, our faith in him will increase! whether it be Tithing, Word of Wisdom, Church, scripture reading, or even praying, it will increase our faith in Him who is mighty to save, to all those that come to him by obeying his commandments.

No comments:

Post a Comment