Friday, April 22, 2011

"He is risen..."

I love Easter. I have many reasons why I love it! I get to hang out with family! (not out here in the field though) I get to enjoy warm(er) weather! (again, not out here!) Ultimately, I get to think about the significant gift that Christ gave to me. He gave me the Atonement. The Atonement is the suffering Christ did in the Garden of Gethsemane, him dying on the Cross, and ultimately Him rising again three days later. It's amazing to me that Christ would do that for me. He did that so that I can enjoy eternity with my family! I will always be with them and will never leave them! All this and SO much more, because of Him, who is mighty to save. I always wonder how he could do such a thing for me. It's amazing, almost unbelievable, that he would do such a thing, in fact some choose not to believe it. The Atonement is given to ALL of us! The Resurrection is given to us whether we be good, or evil. This because he conquered the impossible. He went the farthest to get us and brought us back. I can only imagine the comfort of the phrase that the angel gave to Mary at the tomb. "He is not here: for he is risen, as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay." -Matt. 28:6. Wow. How comforting to know that the Lord lives! And because he lives, we to can live! He has prepared the way! He did it for us! For you, and for me. The Plan of Salvation could not work with out Him. Nothing could. He is the fuel for happiness, and when we follow closely to him, we get more out of it! I testify to you, as a servant of the Lord, that our Lord Jesus Christ lives! He is our Savior and Redeemer. The Holy One of Israel, the Messiah. Whom the prophets of old, and present, have testified of who should redeem his people. It makes me so happy to KNOW this! I again testify of these things, in our Lord and Master, Jesus Christ, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment