Friday, March 25, 2011

The Gospel Blesses Families

One thing that I love about this Gospel is that it not only blesses me in every single aspect of my life, but blesses my family as well. I realize this that because my family was built on gospel princeples, my life was shaped and I had the family that our Heavenly Father planned on having for all of us. He wanted us to be guided back to him. He needed parents who lived a Gospel life. A family is unified when they are living God's commandments. We are then "free" to choose for ourselves. We don't have any type of influence or variable that would influence that would affect us. One thing I love about my family is that we are all unified. I am referring to my immeadiate family as well, but also my extended family. My grandparents, uncles, aunts, cousins, etc! The Gospel has unfied us all with love and support! My immeadiate family is very special to me. I love my sisters, even though I always wanted a brother. We did a ton of stuff together and we also supported each other in all of our activities. My mom was always looking out for me, I miss her. When I came out here that was one thing that I missed out here was my mom's love. My dad and I have a special relationship. We did everything together. Even if I didn't want to do it I still did it. I look back now and I see how much that meant to me and how it helped me be the person I am. I love my family and I know that they are being blessed for they're own personal worthiness, but also for me serving. Please don't think that I mean to brag of me serving. That is the last thing I want to sound like. I want to make the connection that the Gospel blesses all members of our families. I know that it does. I also know that all of us have not been raised in great families. I don't know what it's like, nor will I try to think I know what its like. BUT! I know that when one takes the gospel into ones life as if everything depended on it, they will have found a family in the church, or more specifically, in the Gospel. My family is very special to me, my family is evidence that God loves me. Like I said before, I never grew up in a dysfunctional family, but I do know that anyone who accepts and LIVES the Gospel will find that happiness that they were longing for. Even if they weren't looking for it . I know that the Gospel, which blesses families and individuals, was restored by Joseph Smith by the power of God. I know that Christ loves us. Which is why He want's us to be happy in our families. I say these things, in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment